Monday, April 20, 2009

Stories to Tell








Here are the newest pictures of Chloe and Gary's Graduation Pic that will be in his announcements, I took most of them, then Target took the rest Chloe is getting so big, 11.4 lb and 23 3/4 inches long! almost 2 feet!

It must be, that Mason City, or Clear Lake isn't ment to be...

We will not be living in Clear Lake and Gary will not be working in Mason City. Due to the Economy the new Mason City Hy-Vee Pharmacy will not be open for another two - three years! Ouch... which means that Gary will or should say would have been a floater Pharmacist for the three Hy-Vee Stores in the area...

So on Saturday we ( Gary Mel (Gary's Mom) and I) all went to clear lake to look at houses since we need to be ready to live up there in June. We had houses lined up with a realotor to look at about 6 houses, I was excited, sleep deprived but still really excited to look at our future house.

ten minutes before we got to Clear Lake Gary's phone rang.. Who is calling me at 9:30 in the Morning? hah Mike Waller... ahh ohhh... Mike is the Pharmacy Recurter for Hy-Vee. to make a very long call short This is what he said:

1. your not going to work in Mason City, They don't need a Pharmacist after all, since the new pharmacy isn't gong to open for at least 3 years

2. We still have some openings in Iowa Falls, Webster City oh yea and Albia... would you be intrested in one of those jobs?

Yep... the whole reason why we decided to get a job at Hy-Vee was so we knew where we would be living at in December... now we can decide if one of those locations would "work" for us or Gary can some how find another job some where eles... who knows where we are going to live, but now it's getting to be crunch time since he graduates in 3 weeks!

We have it narrowed down to Iowa Falls or Albia... Both towns are small and the pharmacy isn't open on Sundays! Iowa Falls in 1 hour north of Des Moines, and Albia is 1 hour South of Des Moines...

My concerns about a small town are:

1 School districts
2 entertainment
3 shopping
4 living in the sticks, Farm land as far as the eye can see
5 the closest meeting house (church) we could go to is an hour away... This makes me very sad.

Of Course Gary still wants to stay at Hy-Vee, they still want him, and Hy-Vee is really a great pharmacy to give paitent care but we are disipointed that Mason City isn't going to work out.

What do you think? I would love to hear comments about where we shoud live and what to do...


on a lighter note...

Saturday around 11:30 pm I was sleeping and Gary had Chloe. Trying to get her to sleep by rocking her, feeding her the bottle which she is still not taking too very well, she is screaming. Gary didn't want to wake me up since I "just" feed her, he tried consoling with all of his tricks nothing would work, she was not very happy and really wanted Mommy to sothe and to fall asleep. Gary and Chloe was in the living room with Drago (boxer Dog) see picture

Drago sleeping or trying to sleep decided to come into our room and wake me up since Chloe was crying. I know that he woke me up becuase he pushed the door open, if he wanted to get on the bed he could have, no he took his paw and pushed me, I woke up and then started to go back to sleep.. he then put both of his paws on my leg and got in my face and stared me down untill I was up... once I got up he left the room and went back to where he was in the living room curled up and went to sleep... I then realized Chloe was crying and that the dog woke me up for that reason... how cute was that? needless to say Drago and I bonded after a year and half of knowing him I have respect of the not so obedient dog that I call "Brat Dog", not that he isn't a Brat Dog but he is a good boy that knows what Chloe needs... What an amazing dog he is.

That is our Christensen News Update.

3 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

those pictures are cute

nathan n rachel said...

Lisa...

Adorable pictures!

Rachel

Erin said...

Cute pics! What frustrating news, just when you thought you had it all figured out. Somehow you'll look back and see this as a blessing in disguise, I am sure.