Friday, December 3, 2010

Cards for Soldiers

I love making cards for people, so when I learned through a friend that she makes holiday cards and them mails them over seas to our troops I found my "Holiday Project" with simple but elegant designs I made 340 cards to my friend, with a total of 650 cards we mailed to our local soldiers in Iraq. The green one was dry embossed with a strip of decorative paper with gold foil on it


This card was the easist to make, it had patterned paper on it with a stamped image



The Santa card was stamped with a holly background stamp and then colored in with some green shimmer chalk, to add to it a green scrap piece of paper and then a stamped Santa to finish it of.
I would love to know what you think about the cards I had made, I am always looking for your used Christmas cards to "recycle" them for next year, I will take the front of the card of and use it to make a new card. Please send me your old Christmas cards and I will recycle them for next year's batch of Christmas cards.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I like all the cards. What a nice thing to do. If you want to e-mail me your address then I'll send you some old cards.