Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I love this time of year, Christmas is such a magical time and it's amazing to me that we get to have the magic of Christmas each year.

I don't want to say to much about Christmas, as I usually do not publish my testomony or thoughts about my faith however I can't help it this time...

one of the hymns we sung in church really made me think about Christ's birth the song is Once in Royal David City, the lyrics to the second and third verse got my attention this season as I prepare to be a mother it reads:

2. He came down to earth from heaven,
Who is God and Lord of all,
And his shelter was a stable,
And his cradle was a stall;
With the poor, and mean, and lowly,
Lived on earth our Savior holy.

3. And our eyes at last shall see him,
Through his own redeeming love;
For that child so dear and gentle
Is our Lord in heav’n above,
And he leads his children on
To the place where he is gone.

What amazed me the most, (this song reminding me) is that through Christ we are able to have joy in our live that we can't find on earth. Christ came into the world with the nothing but a loving mother and father. Today Gary and I are able to buy a bassinet for Chloe and it's hard for me to think that Mary was able to go to a stable and have a child knowing that she is caring for the future savior of the world. I don't know if I would be all right with that thought, when I am surrounded by baby stuff and knowing that I want the best for her.

I know that this season is a wonderful time to give and receive presents and I am grateful for the many people that love me and have, and will give Gary and I Christmas presents, I believe that is a special part of Christmas. I just want to share my thoughts on the true meaning of Christmas and to say that I know that Christ lives, that Christmas is a time for the pure love of Christ which is charity and that We have joy this time of year because Christ is the savior of this world.

Have a Merry Christmas

No comments: